Made this last week for breakfast and it was so yummy. A crunchy bite with a little sweet and sour thanks to the honey and raspberries. This recipe contains much less sugars than any processed granola or cereal in your local supermarket. For all PCOS ladies is this beneficial to maintain and stabilize your blood sugar / insuline.
In my opinion raspberries and honey are the perfect combination. I used coconut oil for a nice texture. The crumble looks a lot like the granola recipe I posted a year ago.
Let me know what you think!
Ingredients (6 servings):
– 300 g raspberries (or any other forest fruits)
– 1 tbs honey
– 60 g spelt flour (or oat flour)
– some chia seeds (optional)
– Handful almonds (15 g)
– 50 g oat flakes
– 30 g sunflower seeds
– 1 tbs coconut oil
– 1 orange
– see salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Flatten and mix the fruit with a fork.
3. Pour half of the orange into the fruit mixture.
4. Add the honey, the flour and the chia seeds. Mix it all together.
5. Crunch the almonds into pieces and add it to a bowl.
Add the oats, sunflower seeds, the fluid coconut oil and a pinch of see salt. Mix it also together.
6. Pour the fruit mixture into a small baking dish, topped with the almond mixture. You can slice the rest of the orange into pieces to decorate the crumble (check the photo above).
7. Put it in the oven for 30 minutes. (check if it doesn’t burn).
8. Let it cool for a few minutes.
Nutrition per serving: 156 calories, 7,4 g fat, 2,2 g saturated fat, 4,2 g protein, 15,8 g carbs, 3,2 g fibers, 0,3 g salt.